It’s #GivingTuesday 2020. Like so many other worthy charities we are seeking your support.
We began this year in spite of COVID with twelve children. Since we do not wish ability to pay to be a barrier, seven of those twelve have received some level of tuition reduction.
As you can see in the photos below from our Instagram feed, it has been a pleasing year thus far. We have added:
- a dishwashing stand where children can learn to wash and dry their own dishes after snack;
- a knobs and screws work for the children to learn how to use basic tools;
- aprons and oil cloth underlays to increase the number of children who can do pouring works;
- some outdoor tools for raking leaves;
- more books for our reading corner, among other things.
Our ask for #GivingTuesday is two-fold:
Heating and Ventilation: First, if you can give a large amount, it will help us shore up our aging heating and cooling system. Our furnace, air conditioning unit, and ductwork are very old and need to be serviced badly. Such work doesn’t fit into the regular budget, so an emergency could be catastrophic for us.
Outdoor Works: Second, we would love to provide an outdoor space where children could go to do outdoor works in a secure and well-designed yard. This requires a retaining wall and fence around the perimeter.
For those who cannot give a large amount, would you consider becoming a monthly donor? Monthly donors are the lifeblood of our operations, allowing us to plan for the future. We are looking for 20 new donors at the $20 level by the end of the year. We have nine new monthly donors, could you help us close that gap with a first $20 monthly donation?
Whatever you give, we thank you from the bottoms of our hearts. God bless!