Job Opening: Lead Guide, Elementary Classroom
Hilltop Children’s House is seeking an AMI-trained Lead Guide, Elementary Classroom for a full-time position for the 2022-23 school year. Founded in 2017, Hilltop Children’s House is expanding from a Primary-only Montessori School and is seeking an individual to help build and grow an elementary program. Located in the Labelle neighborhood of Steubenville, OH, Hilltop Children’s House provides a Montessori approach to education to children regardless of means. Candidates should have an AMI Elementary diploma and a four-year college degree. Candidates should also be familiar with Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Level 2 and 3. Candidates should have the ability to work not only with children but with parents and other staff members as well. Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparation of the classroom environment, materials and equipment; ensures that all materials are in good repair and all sets complete. Develops and makes materials when needed.
- Plan and implement the Montessori curriculum. Give appropriate presentations and establish a record keeping system to track the children’s progress.
- Facilitate a respectful environment for children and adults..
- Ensure respectful and open lines of communication with parents. Be available to parents through written communication, setting up conferences, and educating parents in Montessori philosophy.
- Plan and host Parent Education events.
- Assist in the planning and maintenance of the outdoor environment.
- Assess prospective children when they visit the school.
- Comply with all continuing education requirements.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]