While using actual Montessori materials is best sometimes that’s just not possible such as now when we’re all staying home during this COVID-19 pandemic. These printable resources can help you mimic the wooden materials we use in our classroom so that hands-on learning can more easily be achieved at home with nothing more than a printer, paper, and a pair of scissors.
This printable Multiplication Bead Board helps children memorize multiplication tables from 1-9. It also helps children see geometric relationships as the resulting shape is always a rectangle (or a square in the case of the multiplicand and the multiplier being the same) and allows children to practice skip counting.
The accompanying Multiplication Facts Sheet can be used for writing answers to the problems worked on on the Multiplication Bead Board.
How to use the Multiplication Bead Board
- Cut out the red colored circles and squares
- Use the red circle with no number to represent the multiplicand by placing it above the number at the top of the board.
- Use the red circle with a number to represent the multiplier by placing it in the circle on the side of the board.
- Place the red squares on the board across to the multiplicand, repeating the number of times of the multiplier.
- Count how many red squares are on the board and record the answer on the Multiplication Facts Sheet
We’ll post a printable Division Bead Board resource soon.